About this Manufacturer:
Dunlop is the father of the modern tire as we know it. Their history dates back to 1888 when John Boyd Dunlop developed the first useable pneumatic tire after watching his son struggle to ride his tricycle on solid rubber tires. This invention spearheaded an industry that eventually evolved into the high-performance tires we see today. Dunlop has also become a name that is synonymous with racing. The Dunlop banner is flown at race tracks all over the world and they have a huge trophy case to prove their dominance in motorsports. Although well known as a British tire brand, Dunlop is now owned by tire giant Goodyear and has a substantial presence in North America thanks to Goodyear’s massive headquarters in Akron, Ohio. The brand continues to represent performance and quality, and although it may cost a bit extra, most people find Dunlop tires to be worth the investment.
About this Product:
Dunlop SP Sport Signature
Speed Rating: V
About the SP Sport Signature
The Dunlop SP Sport Signature features cutting-edge technologies that help deliver agile handling, rain or shine. These technologies can be found throughout two distinct tread sectors: a Wet Performance Sector and a Dry Performance Sector.
- 60,000 mile limited treadlife warranty for confidence in your purchase decision.
- Hydro-Paddle Technology™ utilizes tread grooves to help pull water quickly and efficiently through the tread pattern helping keep more rubber on the road for outstanding wet traction.
- Silica compound enhances grip on wet pavement.
- Full-depth grooves allow for water evacuation as the tire wears.
- Solid outside shoulder rib helps put rubber on dry pavement for enhanced handling.
- Straight sipes create a stiff, solid surface for dry handling and performance.
- Stiff, solid center rib and compound enhances driver feedback, responsiveness and stability.